In 2011, Starbucks unveiled their new logo to help celebrate their 40-year anniversary. The new logo removes the word mark: “Starbucks Coffee” and, as they put it, “unleashed the Siren, a mythological figure who represents the romance and creativity that inspired the founders of Starbucks 40 years ago.”
This change begs the questions: Should you change/update your logo and identity to reflect a renewed and targeted brand passion? Below are ten reasons why you may want to consider it:
- Enhance friendliness.
- Simplify the message.
- Make the message and all visuals cleaner, less cluttered.
- Make it more contemporary and relevant.
- Better capture and tell your brand story.
- Cast a vision of where you want your brand to go.
- Highlight positive and needed changes.
- Promote hidden advantages and character qualities of the brand.
- Embolden your brand and increase its visibility, especially in saturated markets
- Erase misconceptions in a new and/or expanding market.